Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

To All Experts: Certification & migration plans

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 7, 2018 2:24 PM EDT

(Pros/cons to this as a separate post for each Expert/3PD vs. all together for comparison)

Since SE has chosen to not provide/require any sort of upgrade path to Certified products for all of us that have been purchasing 3PD Products for many years (and spent thousands$ doing so) - basically creating a subclass of purchasers, and there seems to be conflicting info floating around about some things, I thought I'd specifically ask the following questions to all Experts/3PDs, specifically those I have products from so far (SocialEngineMarket, SocialEngineSolutions, SocialEngineAddons, Hire-Experts, Webhive, Radcodes, SocialEngineExperts, SocialEngineMobi).

• Q#01  Approximately, when will all of your products be certified, and will they be compatible with the latest 4.10.03p2 version of SE?
    • Q#02  Will any of your products not be certified?
    • Q#03  Do you have an upgrade path for products purchased prior to Certification, and if so, what is it?  For example:
      • A) Future upgrades available direct from you will be the same product (file(s)) as the Certified product
      • B) Future upgrades available direct from you but the product will not be the same as the Certified product
      • C) Will there be a cost involved, and if so, what is it?
      • D) other - please explain

This issue could easily have been tackled by SE, but they chose not to do so and leave it up to each Expert/3PD to do their own thing.  So, hopefully Experts/3PDs will respond and clarify their plans so we may all better plan.

And please don't recommend that I contact each Expert/3PD individually - I spend the month of July doing so and have not received completed responses to all my questions (more than these, due to specifics about customizations to my site), and some haven't replied after multiple attempts. 

Thank you :)

• 331 posts
    August 8, 2018 3:23 AM EDT

Hi GS,

We are glad that you shared your concern with all of us here to make things clear not only for yourself but also to other clients on SE Marketplace. Please find below our answers for all your queries :

Q#01 Approximately, when will all of your products be certified, and will they be compatible with the latest 4.10.03p2 version of SE?

>> All our plugins "certified & non-certified" are well compatible with SocialEngine's latest version.

We are continuously working on our plugin's certification and hopefully will get all our plugins certified very soon. A number of our plugins have been certified also till now which you may explore on SocialEngine Marketplace.

SocialEngine has also been helping us by making changes if required to complete the plugin certification quickly. We have also requested the SE team to make some changes, once completed that will speed up the certification process.

Q#02 Will any of your products not be certified?

>> All our plugins will be certified and released on Marketplace very soon for purchase.

We try to accommodate all the features of our plugin in the certified version that are offered in non-certified version but since there are some plugins that have dependency on other plugins to work, we need to work on certification of a multiple plugins at once that may sometimes hold-up the certification process.

Q#03 Do you have an upgrade path for products purchased prior to Certification, and if so, what is it? For example:

A) Future upgrades available direct from you will be the same product (file(s)) as the Certified product

>> If any of our product that has been purchased by you from our website,  then you are be able to upgrade plugin from our site and our upgrade process which are added in our Core Plugin.

After releasing a certified product on SE Marketplace, both the plugin from SEAO website and SE marketplace are same. We have done this because the clients who have already purchased the plugins before certification avail same benefits. But as you had downloaded this products from our website then its called as non-certified. In terms of files & database changes, there is no difference.

B) Future upgrades available direct from you but the product will not be the same as the Certified product

>> We have answered for this in the above point.

C) Will there be a cost involved, and if so, what is it?

>> We do not have any plans as of now to include any cost for this valuable service to our clients. But, if any major efforts of ours are involved in upgrading any plugin then there will be slight charges depending on the efforts we put in!

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• August 8, 2018 7:11 AM EDT

@GS: We also go with the answer given by SEAO. You will get all the benefits, upgrades and support as you were getting before the Certification.

We will be supporting all our plugins for all our clients including the ones who have non-certified (licensed) copies of our products.

Regards

Team SES

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:51 PM EDT

Thank you @SEAO and @SES.

@SES

Please clarify the following SEAO reply that you seem to be stating you are doing the same, but in another Topic, your reply was very different (i.e. Certified from SE and non-Certified from your site are different):

After releasing a certified product on SE Marketplace, both the plugin from SEAO website and SE marketplace are same. We have done this because the clients who have already purchased the plugins before certification avail same benefits. But as you had downloaded this products from our website then its called as non-certified. In terms of files & database changes, there is no difference.

So @SES - are both files (Certified from SE and non-Certified from your site) the same  (as SEAO has stated above that you are agreeing with that you're doing the same), or are they different (and require repurchasing as per the other Topic)?

• August 9, 2018 2:29 AM EDT
    gs said:

Thank you @SEAO and @SES.

@SES

Please clarify the following SEAO reply that you seem to be stating you are doing the same, but in another Topic, your reply was very different (i.e. Certified from SE and non-Certified from your site are different):

So @SES - are both files (Certified from SE and non-Certified from your site) the same  (as SEAO has stated above that you are agreeing with that you're doing the same), or are they different (and require repurchasing as per the other Topic)?

@GS: If any product is currently modifying SE core, then to make it available for certification, we are removing that functionality.
    So, those product will be different in terms of functionality. But, if any client would want to have customizations and get core changed on their site, then we can again modify the plugin to provide that removed functionality.

But, majorly all the plugins which do not modify core are just SAME as the licensed copy.

But, with the new submissions in Certification, clients who have old licensed copies should not be worried as the earlier products are still fully supported. We would suggest you to not worry on our products as we will provide support and upgrade for our old purchases too.

Regards

Team SES

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 9, 2018 8:02 AM EDT
    Thank you @SES.
    But I'm not concerned about support since I realize you will continue to do so. What I'm concerned about are the continued callbacks on the files downloaded from your site and the requirement to repurchase Product to receive the same file as Certified. This is different than what SEAO has stated. So how can your site and Certified files be both the same and different, and if it's not all Products, then please list which products are different (this is my (B) option from OP)?
  • August 9, 2018 11:04 AM EDT
    gs said:
    Thank you @SES. But I'm not concerned about support since I realize you will continue to do so. What I'm concerned about are the continued callbacks on the files downloaded from your site and the requirement to repurchase Product to receive the same file as Certified. This is different than what SEAO has stated. So how can your site and Certified files be both the same and different, and if it's not all Products, then please list which products are different (this is my (B) option from OP)?

@GS: Our plugin does not make continuous callback. To know more, I request you to contact our support team, they will assist you more better.
    I am not sure of any other 3rd party products as they have removed licenses from all their products for old purchases as well.

We will soon be updating all our clients via our Blog posts, Newsletters and FB posts about products, so please subscribe to our channels to stay updates.

Regards
    Team SES