Upon registration, Paypal will confirm a billing address.

• 18 posts
    August 12, 2018 11:38 AM EDT

When people register they need to be instructed to do a 0.01c
    transaction with paypal who in turn will confirm their billing
    address (Paypal have activated this billing address confirmation feature in my merchant account.)  Can anyone tell me how this can be done upon registration in Social Engine? 

• 6923 posts
    August 13, 2018 6:47 AM EDT

Are you not able to create a subscription for it? https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1636617-admin-panel---billing->-subscriptions

• 18 posts
    August 13, 2018 9:52 AM EDT

I apologize.  Perhaps I did not ask the question very well.  Upon registration, the address needs to be confirmed for each user before it is confirmed as the person's address for their profile. In other words, the address is collected as a profile question by prompting a person to do a 0.01c payment with paypal who will confirm the person's billing address.  Only then can the address be added to their profile (but kept private of course).  As an side, this will then be used to confirm their congressional district using an API.  Does that make sense now?  I need to know what mechanism I can use to privately add an address to a user's profile by prompting them to do the 1c payment first and getting Paypal t confirm it before it is added to the persons profile info, if you can help me with that.

• 6923 posts
    August 13, 2018 10:12 AM EDT

Other than a customization, the only thing I can think of is making the profile question hidden in the profile question settings. Then, only admin and the member themselves can see it. Sounds like you would want a customization to avoid the manual approval aspect of this though. 

• 18 posts
    August 14, 2018 1:59 PM EDT

First of all, I'm trying to add an address to my profile questions and there is no option for address.  See below:

How do I add an address as a profile question?

Then I can see that I can hide the address from a members profile so it is not public.  So we would be part of the way there.

Do you have a mechanism for pop up window to ask a question?  

Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    August 15, 2018 5:10 AM EDT

There is Location that you can use but if you mean their street address, just use a text box type of question. For a popup, you would need a customization. Noting that most (me too) block all popups.

• 18 posts
    August 15, 2018 10:12 AM EDT

So you mean you do not have an address layout so you can collect street, apartment, town, state and zip in 5 separate boxes as is customary on the majority of sites on the market?  How do your users cope with that?  How can you have a feature where you collect membership fees if you don't collect all the elements of an address?  Payment companies like Paypal need a complete address.

• 6923 posts
    August 15, 2018 12:05 PM EDT

All of those details are at Paypal and stored at Paypal. It's better that way for security purposes. If you want to have the street address, you would want to do the different profile questions for that, using a text box or perhaps check with the advanced member sort of plugins that might offer more options for address. There is already a City, Zip code, Country and Location in the default profile questions. There is also a multi-line input type of question you can ask. If you prefer to stick with the default script. 

• 18 posts
    August 16, 2018 11:55 AM EDT

You say "There is already a City, Zip code, Country and Location in the default profile questions," but where is this?  Can you please give me specific instructions as to where to find this because as you can see from the image above in my message from August 14, 2018 1:59 PM EDT these items do not appear in the "editing profile type" section of your site.

• 6923 posts
    August 16, 2018 3:07 PM EDT

Ok they do appear in the default script when creating a profile question. If you don't see them, then your site is either old, not installed fully, customized or something else. We would need to have a look. If you recently purchased your license from us, you should still have support depending on when you purchased.