Welcome to our New SocialEngine Community!

• 6923 posts
    June 27, 2017 9:55 AM EDT

We're so excited to open this new home for our SocialEngine community! Thank you all so much for coming. smile

This forum is open to everyone - clients, experts, trial clients and anyone else that wants to join and contribute. Please do take time to read our posting rules, terms and privacy policies

We hope you all enjoy this new community! 

Thanks for making this an awesome place to spend time!!

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 3, 2017 9:06 AM EDT
    • 15 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:52 PM EDT

Welcome Donna!

Hope our team, clients, potential owners will find useful tips to increase and making better their Networks. 

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:55 PM EDT
    EXT FOX said:

Welcome Donna!

Hope our team, clients, potential owners will find useful tips to increase and making better their Networks. 

Thank you! Welcome aboard laughing I hope so too.

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:04 PM EDT

Here's the blog post with more info in case anyone hadn't subscribed to our blog.

• TDB
    • 2 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:33 PM EDT

I'm happy to see that the official SocialEngine forum has finally made the move to PHP. It's a much better environment for forum discussions. 

Hopefully, this switch will drive not only more discussions but more development of the SocialEngine PHP forum feature (hello attachments [images, txt, pdf] ).

I'm just about ready to get off my hiatus. Looking forward to discussions here.

• 5 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:38 PM EDT

Hi Donna,

nice fresh community! I am looking forward to see SE growing and getting even better! Also nice, that it's now a familiar software laughing

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:41 PM EDT

Thanks TDB and Dorina! Glad to have you here. 

We just noticed that the subscription section was not showing up as we changed the login url. Please select a subscription plan (all are free) so that you can all see the private forums that your member level would allow (client, expert, normal). Thanks!

Please Click Here to select a member level to be in.

• 3 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:44 PM EDT

Hi Donna, nice move cool

• 3 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:47 PM EDT

What happen with the other communauty ? and oh whe can not edit own post here

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:50 PM EDT
    MichelH said:

Hi Donna, nice move cool

Thanks

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:52 PM EDT
    MichelH said:

We posted a blog and newsletter about the other community. The blog is linked in this thread. The forum archives are linked in the menu above and is where the old community is for reading the threads but not for posting.

I believe we disabled post editing but I'll check.

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:55 PM EDT
    MichelH said:

Clients and Experts can edit posts. Just fixed that.

• 3 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:00 PM EDT

Always as efficient, thank you

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:02 PM EDT
    MichelH said:

Always as efficient, thank you

You're welcome laughing

• 5 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:17 PM EDT

Cool, it works for me, too!!! Thank you, Donnalaughing

Oops, this was supposed to another topic surprised

This post was edited by Dorina at July 3, 2017 6:20 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 4, 2017 5:01 AM EDT
    Dorina said:

Cool, it works for me, too!!! Thank you, Donnalaughing

Oops, this was supposed to another topic surprised

No problem! Oops are definitely allowed - I use them all the time lol. laughing

• 348 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:49 AM EDT
    Donna said:

We're so excited to open this new home for our SocialEngine community! Thank you all so much for coming. smile

This forum is open to everyone - clients, experts, trial clients and anyone else that wants to join and contribute. Please do take time to read our posting rules, terms and privacy policies

Hi Donna, 

The new forum seems to be a great place to interact with the SocialEngine Community users. Looking forward to help out the users with their queries/issues to make SocialEngine a great platform.

PS: We just read the terms posting rules, terms and privacy policiessmile

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at July 5, 2017 12:51 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 5, 2017 5:05 AM EDT
    SocialEngineAddOns said:
    Donna said:

Hi Donna, 

The new forum seems to be a great place to interact with the SocialEngine Community users. Looking forward to help out the users with their queries/issues to make SocialEngine a great platform.

PS: We just read the terms posting rules, terms and privacy policiessmile

Happy to have you here!

• 629 posts
    July 5, 2017 10:37 AM EDT

What a cool idea! Glad this exists.

I wished it did for years and now it's finally a reality.

Thank you for making it possible. You are a welcome presence around here and I hope you stay for a long while. This is cool!

I wish the main page of the site had sticky topics...this would be at the first of the list if I had a say for about a month, as a transition help thread.

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2017 11:04 AM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

Thank you for making it possible. You are a welcome presence around here and I hope you stay for a long while. This is cool!

I wish the main page of the site had sticky topics...this would be at the first of the list if I had a say for about a month, as a transition help thread.

Nice to see you here Elshara! Thank you for the feedback. Can you give a bit more info about the sticky topic idea? Do you mean a "getting started here" sort of section or something else?

• 629 posts
    July 5, 2017 11:40 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Nice to see you here Elshara! Thank you for the feedback. Can you give a bit more info about the sticky topic idea? Do you mean a "getting started here" sort of section or something else?

Yes. What I'm referring to, is a category, or a status, which members can filter through, that contains a select list of featured posts. For example, when I click on the main forms page, I see a list of recent replies to topics and the forums list.

Now, when you click on a forum, what you are presented with is a list of discussions or topics. Featured or  sticky posts, show up first, when ever you clickon a specific forum. This entire thread could be considered as a sticky post, meaning it could show up first, as a way to let people know it is an important topic, and should be read prior to new content.

Marking a topic as sticky, or featured, allows people to view it first, so they can become familiar with the purpose of the forum, and provide feedback if the topic is open. this is generally a good practice to use when creating forum specific guidelines or rules people must follow.

Currently, no forums are sticky. They only show up in a specific order on the main page, but the topics contained there, update every time someone replies to them. When forums become active, this means topics get bumped the second someone posts a new reply or response to one or more topics contained with a specific forum. In order to keep forum and sub forum etiquette in check, usually what happens is links are provided to essential parts of the forum, people should familiarize themselves with, prior to generally creating one or more posts there.

Featured or sticky topics, provide this functionality. currently I know of no way to have it be set in social engine, to where featured or sticky topics can be done like this on a per forum basis,however it is interesting to note that there doesn't seem to be a way to manage any aspect of the forum module specifically at all using social engine admin panel. Other than enabling or disabling the plugin and adding forums and categories. The current setup is that categories are not clickable, meaning they are not linked which means forum indexes aren't created. That's a topic for another day however. The only advantage to having a category index page, is that forums which are private, cannot even be viewed as far as their title or most recent post is concerned.

It's just something to think about as more people come.

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2017 11:56 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Yes. What I'm referring to, is a category, or a status, which members can filter through, that contains a select list of featured posts. For example, when I click on the main forms page, I see a list of recent replies to topics and the forums list.

Now, when you click on a forum, what you are presented with is a list of discussions or topics. Featured or  sticky posts, show up first, when ever you clickon a specific forum. This entire thread could be considered as a sticky post, meaning it could show up first, as a way to let people know it is an important topic, and should be read prior to new content.

Marking a topic as sticky, or featured, allows people to view it first, so they can become familiar with the purpose of the forum, and provide feedback if the topic is open. this is generally a good practice to use when creating forum specific guidelines or rules people must follow.

Currently, no forums are sticky. They only show up in a specific order on the main page, but the topics contained there, update every time someone replies to them. When forums become active, this means topics get bumped the second someone posts a new reply or response to one or more topics contained with a specific forum. In order to keep forum and sub forum etiquette in check, usually what happens is links are provided to essential parts of the forum, people should familiarize themselves with, prior to generally creating one or more posts there.

Featured or sticky topics, provide this functionality. currently I know of no way to have it be set in social engine, to where featured or sticky topics can be done like this on a per forum basis,however it is interesting to note that there doesn't seem to be a way to manage any aspect of the forum module specifically at all using social engine admin panel. Other than enabling or disabling the plugin and adding forums and categories. The current setup is that categories are not clickable, meaning they are not linked which means forum indexes aren't created. That's a topic for another day however. The only advantage to having a category index page, is that forums which are private, cannot even be viewed as far as their title or most recent post is concerned.

I have several stickied threads already in each section that has threads. They don't have a solid background but they do have a Sticky icon. Some of the stickied threads have a lock on them and so the icon to show they are stickied is hidden by that. We'll have to edit this some so that there is a background color to show the stickied better. laughing

• 629 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:32 PM EDT
    Donna said:
    Donna said:

I have several stickied threads already in each section that has threads. They don't have a solid background but they do have a Sticky icon. Some of the stickied threads have a lock on them and so the icon to show they are stickied is hidden by that. We'll have to edit this some so that there is a background color to show the stickied better. laughing

In my opinion, to give featured posts maximum exposure. You should add a module in the layout editor for that

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:36 PM EDT

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps later on we can do that once we have some time to add it.

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:36 PM EDT

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps later on we can do that once we have some time to add it.