Welcome to our New SocialEngine Community!

• 629 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:46 PM EDT

For sure.

• 7 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:32 PM EDT

Hello Donna,

This is nice community for discussion of SE PHP issues, bugs and suggestion

This is awesome for clients and experts discussion.

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:34 PM EDT
    Sk Devs said:

Hello Donna,

This is nice community for discussion of SE PHP issues, bugs and suggestion

This is awesome for clients and experts discussion.

Thank you! Nice to have you here. laughing

• 154 posts
    July 6, 2017 10:10 AM EDT

Hi All

Just joined the new community page, feel free to add me, the same poetic justice from github and the old SE social community

• 6923 posts
    July 6, 2017 10:13 AM EDT
    Daniel said:

Hi All

Just joined the new community page, feel free to add me, the same poetic justice from github and the old SE social community

Thanks for joining! Great to see you here. laughing

• 6 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:25 AM EDT

As much as I missed the "old" SE community (the original SE community, SocialEngineMechanic, SE4.me) - I am optimistic this new official community will do the product better. 

With all due respect to the old team, they got stressed out too easily with all the client demands and all that they decided to shut it down. I hope the same won't happen here with all the pressure still existing in some way. The unofficial communities were a good place too but interest waned and as far as I can remember personal issues got in the way.

Oh well at least it's back now, and moving forward I am sure this will be awesome.

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 3:33 AM EDT
    Glenn O said:

As much as I missed the "old" SE community (the original SE community, SocialEngineMechanic, SE4.me) - I am optimistic this new official community will do the product better. 

With all due respect to the old team, they got stressed out too easily with all the client demands and all that they decided to shut it down. I hope the same won't happen here with all the pressure still existing in some way. The unofficial communities were a good place too but interest waned and as far as I can remember personal issues got in the way.

Oh well at least it's back now, and moving forward I am sure this will be awesome.

I'm not exactly sure which community you are referring to, Glen. As far as I know, social engine official channels are set up for one purpose or another. Moving such purposes to a centralized location, instead of having several places to spread out for specific discussions seems to be the overall theme here.

Welcome to the new community. I've been an active person on their git hub as well as joining the old community but never really did much on the community.onsocialengine.com website. Sorry about that. I'll do better on here, I promise.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 4:29 AM EDT
    Glenn O said:

Glad to have you here.Thanks for your feedback. We hope this will be a very strong community. 

I recall the old community vaguely from when I looked for a script for my site years ago. Then, a few months later, it had disappeared. Now I know why, from what you say. I would need to ask management if they know about it but they came in well after that change, I believe.

We too hope it will be awesome here! It takes everyone to make it so. laughing (and smileys lol)

• 6 posts
    July 8, 2017 10:53 AM EDT

From what I know is that Social Engine is 10 years old this 2017 - I first learned about the script in 2007 and watched its early stages, when it was brought to V2 around 2008 that was when I bought in.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 12:24 PM EDT
    Glenn O said:

From what I know is that Social Engine is 10 years old this 2017 - I first learned about the script in 2007 and watched its early stages, when it was brought to V2 around 2008 that was when I bought in.

That was close to the time I was looking around too.

• 25 posts
    July 2, 2018 10:28 AM EDT

All,

Just wanted to post that our small project https://www.galify.com will be officially launched on July 4th! Please come check out our site and let us know what you think. All are welcome, the site is free to use and to sign up! Enjoy!

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 2, 2018 11:56 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 2, 2018 11:57 AM EDT

That's great to hear that it's ready to open. This thread is to welcome people to our community. It is not for posting about your own launch but I will leave it here.I removed the solicitation for donations as we don't allow it.