Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

When a plugin hits the Marketplace

• 370 posts
    August 12, 2018 4:43 PM EDT

Heya!

LOVE how many new certified plugins are in the marketplace lately - hats off to the developers and SE for getting the work done!

My question is about what happens when a plugin hits the marketplace that community members already own prior to its certification.

This Plugin: https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/members-verification-by-other-members-plugin

Is what raises the question for me as it was a plugin that I developed in partnership with SES - I brought them the concept, we went back and forth on design needs and bug fixes etc. And I wish I only paid what the marketplace price was!!!

Its a GREAT product that really brings a lot to a community ( I have ran a similar one for several years before coming to SE )

How do I now give them the review that the plugin deserves in the marketplace without having to re-purchase it?

This post was edited by ITLJames at August 12, 2018 4:44 PM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    August 12, 2018 10:09 PM EDT

Good luck :(

I already asked in another Topic and the reply is that SE has no plans of migrating pre-Certified sales into Certified.  So, if you already left a review prior to the Marketplace removing all non-Certified Products some months back, it's in the Archived Tab (I think that's what it's named).  Otherwise you're unable to leave a review unless repurchased.

On a related note, so far I'm aware of one 3PD that will be providing the exact same file(s) for upgrades (to products purchased directly ftom them) as the Certified file(s).  Another 3PD will be requiring full repurchase from the Marketplace.  This is why I asked SE what their plans were on this, and at the time, they didn't have any - the answer had to wait for a discussion in a meeting.  Many of us are being left out in the cold due to this Certified thing that doesn't seem to have been fully thought through as well (IMHO) as it should have been.  I stopped bothering with questions because I seemed to be the only one seeing cons instead of only pros, and I sometimes wasn't receiving good answers and other times was brushed off with the usual more is coming line.

• August 13, 2018 2:34 AM EDT
    ITLJames said:

Heya!

LOVE how many new certified plugins are in the marketplace lately - hats off to the developers and SE for getting the work done!

My question is about what happens when a plugin hits the marketplace that community members already own prior to its certification.

This Plugin: https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/members-verification-by-other-members-plugin

Is what raises the question for me as it was a plugin that I developed in partnership with SES - I brought them the concept, we went back and forth on design needs and bug fixes etc. And I wish I only paid what the marketplace price was!!!

Its a GREAT product that really brings a lot to a community ( I have ran a similar one for several years before coming to SE )

How do I now give them the review that the plugin deserves in the marketplace without having to re-purchase it?

@James: If you wish to get the certified copy, then we will offer you the same price as hours from our team which you can use for any other product from our site, custom work or any service from our team. Our team will soon contact you for this. 

I hope this helps.

@gs: We would be glad to work out on a similar offer if you would to switch to certified copy of any of our plugin.

Regards

Team SES

• 5871 posts
    August 13, 2018 5:02 AM EDT
    ITLJames said:

Heya!

You would do like you did here. Make a thread for it but have the title be that product name and Review. Then put your feedback. Good thing with the forum is you can leave more feedback with more info. :)