Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Required fields not marked

• 18 posts
    August 17, 2018 9:38 AM EDT

Required fields are not marked.  When user does not fill in the fields correctly it states "please fill the red mark fields" and the fields are not marked in red. See below.  This needs to be fixed on your end right? 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 17, 2018 10:41 AM EDT

What did the 3PD (SocialEngineSolutions) say when you contacted them?

• 18 posts
    August 19, 2018 10:54 AM EDT

They said that error was part of the social engine platform.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 19, 2018 12:45 PM EDT

Ah.  Ok.

Since this is in '3rd Party Product Discussions' (which makes sense since it's about a 3rd party product), it may not get looked at closely by SE Staff.  My suggestion is for you to ask @Donna (either here or in a PM) to address this and consider moving it to 'Help & Tips' or 'Bug Issue' forum after she takes a look at it. 

I am surprised however that SES didn't address this directly with SE (if they believe it's an SE Core issue) since they're an 3PD/Expert and interface directly with SE on a regular basis.  This way developers are communicating directly with developers instead of pulling you into the loop.  Hopefully there's a way that this may be resolved without requiring an update to SE since that may be a while due to them focusing on Version 5.

• August 20, 2018 2:22 AM EDT
    linda said:

They said that error was part of the social engine platform.

Hello Linda, We would like to inform you that this is not SE bug that you have posted in this form. The plugin from which you have posted the screenshot is a very highly modified plugin and we have still not replied to your query.

Our support team will update you soon.

@GS: The issue for which we told the client to address was a different one and not this issue. We will address this issue.

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions (SES)

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 20, 2018 5:29 PM EDT

@SES

That makes more sense due to what looked like a customization (and subdomain) by you.  But I realize it may sometimes be confusing for us ADMINs where the issue actually is.

Thanks for clearing that up - you guys/gals are great :)