Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

SocialEngine Addons Theme Install | Support

• 201 posts
    September 9, 2018 7:36 PM EDT

Just purchased a new theme - Allure. It was interesting that I was directed from my SEAO account to SE MarketPlace to purchase.  It was downloaded from my SE dashboard and does not appear in my SEAO dashboard.  How would one obtain theme support as neither company provides a direct link to allow support without purchasing a plan.  I thought there was some limited time support from SEAO for all products but as its not in my dashboard I cannot obtain support.  Seems like a lot of unnecessary effort for me.

The Real Issue. Cannot Install. This is the result.

Theme file File 'theme_file' exceeds the defined ini size

My PHP 7.1x
    SE 4.10.3p2
    php upload_max_filesize 1024M
    Core SE Plugins only
    No 3rd party or core modifications 

Each attempted upload produces this in install log

2018-09-09T21:22:01+00:00 NOTICE (5): [8] Undefined index: Filedata (/home/mydomain/public_html/install/controllers/ManageController.php) [544]

Error Code: c2a89f & Error Code: 0ba072

I do not want to upload via FTP/cPanel and bypass the problem as there should only be one of three issues. Must be something simple hopefully.

1. My server is not properly configured

2. There is an issue with the SEAO tar file

3. SE has an issue

Has anyone heard of this before.

Thanks 

This post was edited by Miami Shade at September 9, 2018 7:42 PM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    September 9, 2018 9:02 PM EDT

==> '...It was interesting that I was directed from my SEAO account to SE MarketPlace to purchase.  ...'

It's Certified so the 3PD may not sell directly, only through the SE Marketplace.  

What dashboard in SEAO are referring to that it doesn't appear?  Maybe there's a delay between SE wnd SEAO after purchase?

You may simply email SEAO and they will help.  

Is this PHP setting correct on your server:

• PHP settings for upload_max_filesize at 15 and post_max_size at 15

• 201 posts
    September 9, 2018 9:19 PM EDT
    Thanks @gs
    The upload_ max_filesize is at 1024M
    The post_max_size is at 8M

I should adjust the 8M to 15M ?
    • 201 posts
    September 9, 2018 10:05 PM EDT

I updated the post_max_size to 64M

The error disappeared but still no install - After upload it simply hangs endlessly until it times out 500 error.

I located the .tar in public_html/temporary in a folder called theme import it has two modules module-allure & module-seaocore but its not installing.

Hopefully SEAO will reply to my email 

Thanks @gs

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 9, 2018 10:11 PM EDT

What's the size of the .tar (don't want to waste your time on something I'm not sure about)?

Something I found that might be helpful:

There are two settings in php.ini you need to pay particular attention to for upload size.

You found the first: upload_max_filesize. It's a limit on the max size of each individual file you upload.

The other is post_max_size. This is a total limit on the amount of data you can submit in one request. It needs to be at least as high as upload_max_filesize, and possibly higher if you want to upload multiple files at once.

And from SE Support docs:

post_max_size & upload_max_filesize

File uploads in version 4 are bound by the values of the PHP directives “post_max_size” and “upload_max_filesize”. By default the value these directives are set to 8MB and 2MB respectively.

If these values need to be increased, you can try adding the following to the .htaccess file in your SocialEngine root directory:

php_value post_max_size 100M 
    php_value upload_max_filesize 100M 

The above may not work on all servers. If adding the above rules to your .htaccess file does not affect the value of your website's post_max_size and upload_max_filesize directives, please contact your hosting provider and have them increase the value of these directives for you.

Have you contacted your hosting provider?

• 201 posts
    September 9, 2018 10:17 PM EDT

The Tar is only 25,000KB. Yes my hosting company is trying to help.  Ill look around see where its gone wrong this is my .htaccess

<pre>php_flag display_errors Off php_value max_execution_time 300 php_value max_input_time 600 php_value max_input_vars 10000 php_value memory_limit 1024M php_value post_max_size 64M php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440 php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71" php_value upload_max_filesize 1024M php_flag zlib.output_compression Off</pre>

This post was edited by Miami Shade at September 9, 2018 10:25 PM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    September 9, 2018 10:25 PM EDT

(I was writing the informational post when you were already increasing the value of the post setting)

It could be a permission thing (I experienced this last year with 4.09.* Plugins) and FastComet resolved.  Not saying that's the cause of your issue, but glad increasing the post setting resolved the initial issue.

• 331 posts
    September 10, 2018 3:43 AM EDT
    Miami Shade said:

Just purchased a new theme - Allure. It was interesting that I was directed from my SEAO account to SE MarketPlace to purchase.  It was downloaded from my SE dashboard and does not appear in my SEAO dashboard.  How would one obtain theme support as neither company provides a direct link to allow support without purchasing a plan.  I thought there was some limited time support from SEAO for all products but as its not in my dashboard I cannot obtain support.  Seems like a lot of unnecessary effort for me.

The Real Issue. Cannot Install. This is the result.

Theme file File 'theme_file' exceeds the defined ini size

My PHP 7.1x
    SE 4.10.3p2
    php upload_max_filesize 1024M
    Core SE Plugins only
    No 3rd party or core modifications 

Each attempted upload produces this in install log

2018-09-09T21:22:01+00:00 NOTICE (5): [8] Undefined index: Filedata (/home/mydomain/public_html/install/controllers/ManageController.php) [544]

Error Code: c2a89f & Error Code: 0ba072

I do not want to upload via FTP/cPanel and bypass the problem as there should only be one of three issues. Must be something simple hopefully.

1. My server is not properly configured

2. There is an issue with the SEAO tar file

3. SE has an issue

Has anyone heard of this before.

Thanks 

Hi Miami,

Please reach out to us at sales@socialengineaddons.com for this. We will install this theme FREE of cost for you and would be happy to provide you further support in setting this theme on your website as per your requirements.

Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 5871 posts
    September 10, 2018 5:07 AM EDT

This can happen on some servers. Try the suggestions in the tutorial, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1667577-package-and-plugin-installation for manually uploading as you uploaded it to the wrong folder.

Make sure mod_security is not enabled. 

Try getting SEAO to install as they did mention they would. :) But, if you wanted to do it on your own try the suggestions I gave. Also, double check the rest of the requirements since your server wasn't up to the initial requirements as you noted.

• 201 posts
    September 10, 2018 8:37 AM EDT

Thanks @Donna & @SocialEngineAddOns

I will be emailing SEAO as they & SE have already responded.

It was odd that I could not find any documentation for theme install anywhere. Is there a link for install directions.

It was the theme up-loader that placed it in that file public_html/temporary

Do I use the package manager - upload new package 

or 

Do I use the theme editor - upload new theme

• 5871 posts
    September 10, 2018 8:49 AM EDT
    Miami Shade said:

Thanks @Donna & @SocialEngineAddOns

I will be emailing SEAO as they & SE have already responded.

It was odd that I could not find any documentation for theme install anywhere. Is there a link for install directions.

It was the theme up-loader that placed it in that file public_html/temporary

Do I use the package manager - upload new package 

or 

Do I use the theme editor - upload new theme

Please bookmark our kb table of contents:

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1686929-socialengine-php-v4-table-of-contents?_ga=2.114253955.52869406.1536583567-937340762.1536583567

In the list, please click Theme Editor. 

In the theme tutorial please see the steps for adding a new theme, noting the Recommended method is to use the package manager. This avoids issues with some servers and themes.

it's always best to check the kb before starting a procedure. The table of contents is the first place to look and then the search feature does work well but you have to put the full term such as "theme" instead of a shortcut such as them or something because for some weird reason the search won't grab anything if it's not the full term.

• 201 posts
    September 10, 2018 9:18 AM EDT

Success

How did this happen?

The original install attempts were via package manager when my post_max_size was at 8M that produced an error.  I raised it thanks to @gs to 64M and somehow reverted to theme uploader instead of package manager.  I never re-attempted via package manager and all attempts via theme uploader failed.  Great community team work to overcome my user error.  Thank you all. 

@Donna
    @gs
    @SocialEngineAddOns

PS: I have bookmarked the KB 

• 5871 posts
    September 10, 2018 9:22 AM EDT
    Miami Shade said:

Success

How did this happen?

The original install attempts were via package manager when my post_max_size was at 8M that produced an error.  I raised it thanks to @gs to 64M and somehow reverted to theme uploader instead of package manager.  I never re-attempted via package manager and all attempts via theme uploader failed.  Great community team work to overcome my user error.  Thank you all. 

@Donna
    @gs
    @SocialEngineAddOns

PS: I have bookmarked the KB 

Woo Hoo! Love to see success posts. cool Wish we had animated smileys. love animated smileys. **happy dance smiley** <-- use your imagination lol.