Forums Photo Posting

• 45 posts
    April 19, 2023 3:27 AM EDT

Could it be possible to be able to upload more than one photo at a time to a forum topic?

Thank you

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:20 AM EDT

The forum uses the editor which is TinyMCE. As this feature is not fleshed out per our requirements, it won't be high on our list to look at. We really need things added per the requirements as it helps us to see the direction someone is going. For example, do we want member level settings for who can mass upload? Limit as to how many photos at once? Do we want to include the option for someone to embed an already uploaded photo? Are these embedded one after another, inline, or does the user have the option to arrange them? So many things that could be considered as to what someone is trying to achieve. This is why we post the stickied guidelines. 

Another consideration is, does TinyMCE editor even allow mass upload? If not, do we remove the editor and use something else? In another forum I used, images were added as "Attachments" and those were then embedded into the post. That could be an option too perhaps but not with TinyMCE free editor I think. 

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:21 AM EDT

This is actually a good feature btw. I miss having the images as "attachments" that could be managed in the member's "attachments" section. It was a pretty nice feature of the other forum I used.

• 45 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:23 AM EDT

It would just be nice to post more than one photo in a reply, say a max of 10 would be great

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:31 AM EDT

We will have to look at how to implement something like this. I don't know what options the TinyMCE free editor has. I'm sure it would be a good feature though. 

• 45 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:33 AM EDT

Thank you Donna