[A]Send invitation by WhatsApp

• 7 posts
    July 28, 2023 6:48 AM EDT

Hi all, I noticed that sending invitations to a social network by email is a little bit old fashioned and more complicated than sending a link by WhatsApp, that’s the reason of my request.

Thanks

• 6923 posts
    July 28, 2023 7:13 AM EDT

Hi, thanks for posting. Feature requests should follow the stickied guidelines so that we have all the info for how you want this to work. However, since we already added this to our future feature list, and are researching whether the free whatsapp api will work, you don't need to reformat the request. Here's a link to our guidelines for any future requests for them to be considered, https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3/submitting-feature-requests

As this request has no input for how it should work (member level settings, via admin panel, etc), if we are able to do it, it will be a basic implementation.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 28, 2023 7:14 AM EDT
    • 57 posts
    July 28, 2023 11:34 AM EDT

We can see how mobile takes over everything- and it is not only about whatsapp, it is about a complete experience, swiping functions which SE dont have for now and quite a few others.

It is about building any tech FOR mobile now, not for laptop or desktop, those times are gone. It dont have to be an app, as long as you just have the mobile functions in the browser it works fine. Swiping photos instead of pushing buttons for example.

• 6923 posts
    July 28, 2023 12:10 PM EDT

Please keep the thread on track as our forum rules state. This thread is not about swiping photos. It is about adding whatsapp for inviting members. 

• 57 posts
    July 28, 2023 12:16 PM EDT

You are correct- My main concern is that SE is way to directed towards old ways of working, this whats app integration you could have done years ago, and i get it, it is super tough now to stay atop on the developments- it is so much going in, and now AI kicks in and we go to internet web 4 with metaverse, in 5-10 years this online world will more or less turn upside down and small businesses will struggle to be part of this. Just my 5 cent on that subject. We will see what future holds- and on that we could discuss all year.

• 6923 posts
    July 28, 2023 12:21 PM EDT

At the moment, the only API I saw for Whatsapp, which is probably why we hadn't implemented it before, is for their paid business plan. We are still looking to see if we can find a free one. I have asked our developers to check as I could not find a free API, only the paid one which is not what we tend to implement as it would not be as useful for a majority of clients, which is what a script like this needs to consider first. If you would like to discuss our development, please open a thread here, https://community.socialengine.com/forums/4/general-discussions and we can discuss things other than this one feature request.