Core : Column Width Modifier adjustment width from right side

• 68 posts
    September 27, 2018 1:05 PM EDT

hey,

can you please tell me about that Column Width Modifier always adjust width from right side. if we want to adjust our width from right & left (both side) how can we do that i have attached a image for better clarity.

Regards

• 6923 posts
    September 27, 2018 1:20 PM EDT

I don't use the column width modifier as it caused issues that I don't recall what they were. However, I did adjust the left and right white space on my site too as I don't like a lot of white space. Do you want it done per module? I think I did mine in the blog and forum as I wanted those places to have more space for the text. I know I did blog since mine is an author site.

• 68 posts
    September 28, 2018 12:52 AM EDT

hey,

thanks for respond to me, well the column width as depends on theme to theme. well i have attached a image for you what i want and this thing is done for by using various code but column width is much easy for us if it adjust from both side.

* i want to do this think in all pages of my website so its taking more codingthat why we want column width...

Regards

• 6923 posts
    September 28, 2018 6:03 AM EDT

I can't help with the column width modifier as I'm pretty sure it has some issues in it when used on certain pages. On my site, I manually fixed all of the pages I wanted fixed. All I can say is, make sure you have the modifier in the columns you want modified as it only modifies the column it is in.

• 68 posts
    September 28, 2018 7:06 AM EDT

hey,

again thanks for respond, 

can you please pass me your domain link so i can take a look in it. (if possible)

regards

• 68 posts
    September 28, 2018 8:08 AM EDT
    Donna said:

I can't help with the column width modifier as I'm pretty sure it has some issues in it when used on certain pages. On my site, I manually fixed all of the pages I wanted fixed. All I can say is, make sure you have the modifier in the columns you want modified as it only modifies the column it is in.

hey,

can you please tell me the CONTENT page. so i can make some changes in your system code.

i am unable to find in folders.

Regards

• 6923 posts
    September 28, 2018 8:30 AM EDT

I don't share my site link here. 

Did you put the column width modifier in each column you want to modify? It only modifies the column it is in. 

• 68 posts
    September 29, 2018 2:28 AM EDT

well, i tried my level best but you code always adjust / cut the width from right side although there must be an option in the code than rather width cut or adjust from right or left side.

well, ITS OK

• 6923 posts
    September 30, 2018 9:28 AM EDT

Are you saying that you did like I said and put TWO of the custom width modifier on that page? Since you would need one in the left column and one in the right column.

• 68 posts
    October 1, 2018 1:54 AM EDT

hey,

thanks for respond to me.

yes, exactly that i want. if this thing done in your code than we dont need to do css coding in every page or else.

regards

• 6923 posts
    October 1, 2018 5:04 AM EDT

Can you screenshot the page in the layout editor with the two widgets on it? I think we aren't understanding each other.

I guess what you want is a modifier that allows both columns to be modified at the same time without needing two widgets.  

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at October 1, 2018 5:04 AM EDT