Where to place javascript

• 9 posts
    October 3, 2018 7:18 AM EDT

I need to place a popunder javascript on my SE site. I have placed the script in an html block in Site Header and Mobile Site Header (it needs to be placed before the body tag), but no popunder appears. The code does load on the site so I'm not sure what's going wrong. I tried contacting the script developer but no response. Is the Site Header the place where I should have the script placed?

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2018 8:24 AM EDT

Did you try adding in the General Settings where there is a place to add the code? https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1645737-admin-panel---settings->-general-settings

• 9 posts
    October 3, 2018 8:51 AM EDT

Yes and just tried it again and it doesn't work. When I check the source code I see the script. I have popups enabled in my browser.

The script worked for a couple of years until I upgraded SE to the latest version. I don't get why it's not working now.

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2018 9:00 AM EDT

Make sure you don't have it in the widget and in the general settings. make sure you cleared cache and try testing with the insignia theme.

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2018 9:00 AM EDT

Also check that your browser isn't blocking the javascript or that it doesn't have ad blocker enabled as many browsers updated to have those by default.

• 9 posts
    October 3, 2018 9:45 AM EDT

Thanks.

It's not in a widget, only in general settings

I cleared cache

javascript and popups are enabled in my browser

Still I don't see a popunder

I tested with the insignia theme, but no popunder either

I then tested in another browser (IE) with popups enabled, but no popunder....

• 6923 posts
    October 4, 2018 4:19 AM EDT

What version of sephp are you using?

• 9 posts
    October 4, 2018 10:30 AM EDT

4.10.3p2

• 6923 posts
    October 4, 2018 1:11 PM EDT

I'm really not sure what the issue could be. Feel free to post the code here (use the code tag which is next to the smiley button). Maybe someone will have an idea.

• 6923 posts
    October 4, 2018 6:52 PM EDT

I didn't realize that it was adult oriented. Please next time give a warning. We don't allow links to adult sort of materials so I had to remove your post as it contained a link to an adult site. I think you're going to have to search google for how to make a popunder work with today's browsers and with antivirus programs that block them as I have several blockers on my computer and so I can't get it to work. Perhaps check with a third party expert. I think you may be better off just running the ad on your site instead of any pop type of ads.