SE Default Video Plugin | Disable Embed ?

• 201 posts
    October 4, 2018 6:15 PM EDT

Just testing my video uploading and discovered

Video Plugin > Global Settings > No, do not allow embedding of videos.

Is not functioning on my site

Still a user option in all areas

Video Source options

• My Computer
    • External Site

Cleared Cache

Any ideas?

• 6923 posts
    October 4, 2018 6:41 PM EDT

https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/1029/se-default-video-plugin-disable-embed the tutorial explains the video settings. Please have a look at the setting in your admin and see that the setting you mention controls the iframe embeds on various pages of the site. Please test embedding a video in a blog or forum perhaps. 

If you don't want users to create videos, please see the member level settings in the same tutorial.

• 201 posts
    October 4, 2018 6:56 PM EDT
    Hi @Donna that link brings me here.

I want to disable video embed and use only upload.

I have 3 member levels. Only the premium allows video upload.

The external source should be disabled when set in global settings but it is not.
    • 201 posts
    October 4, 2018 7:16 PM EDT

This might be better

This post was edited by Miami Shade at October 4, 2018 7:19 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 5, 2018 4:33 AM EDT

Yes but I said that doesn't control that. The setting says it doesn't control that. It controls iframe embeds within places such as blogs and other areas of the site where videos can be embedded into the content. You are speaking of the external urls. The only thing i can think of is disabling iframely but that would also mess  up links I think. I'll have to go look.

• 6923 posts
    October 5, 2018 4:34 AM EDT

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1659253-admin-panel---plugins->-videos that's the tutorial. I didn't link the correct thing above. 

• 6923 posts
    October 5, 2018 4:37 AM EDT

I guess you could set the disabled sites in the iframely settings. Tutorial for iframely is in kb too but I'm not sure how well that will work. You would need to disable all of the various video sites. I think you'll need a customization to disable video sharing options other than using the method to block the video sites. You may be able to hide the option to use external as an option by doing css display none I guess.

• 201 posts
    October 5, 2018 5:49 AM EDT

Perhaps I should spend more time reviewing things - I always thought that they were related - I don't know how I ever connected that laughing maybe it existed once in version 3?

• 6923 posts
    October 5, 2018 5:51 AM EDT

I'm not sure. I hadn't tested it a lot yet. Getting a patch ready for release atm.

• 201 posts
    October 5, 2018 6:10 AM EDT

Oh a patch - ok focus on that laughing they almost always make things better