Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

FPM max children limits 8 times yesterday

• 53 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:10 PM EDT

SocialEngine is crashing my server since last update. It hit FPM max children limits 8 times yesterday and today is doing the same kinds of things. I don't understand this exactly but techs are trying to find a solution on liquideweb and I am frustrated as a monster. Anyone have any solutions or would a real programer who knows the software graciously help me? 

• 3528 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:18 PM EDT

SocialEngine doesn't work with FCGI so tweaks from experts or server techs would be needed. 

As for the max children this article might help explain it https://docs.nexcess.net/article/what-is-the-php-fpm-limit-max_children.html and it mentions traffic spikes that can cause it. Perhaps you were experiencing a DDOS attack or heavy spam traffic at the time. Wish I could help more but maybe someone else has better explanations.

• 53 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:24 PM EDT

What do you consider heavy traffic? Heavy is relefant. It should be able to hangle at least a couple of hundred consecutive connections. Also what do you mean it won't work with FCGI? Are you saying I have that set up??? Can you be as clear as possible about this?

• 3528 posts
    June 16, 2019 2:43 PM EDT

I mentioned DDOS or heavy spam traffic. 

SocialEngine PHP does not work with FastCGI without tweaks. Check with your host to see if it's using FCGI.