HTTP ERROR 500 currently unable to handle this request.

• 7 posts
    January 10, 2020 9:36 PM EST

hi, I have recently manually migrated my socialengine site from siteground to hostiso. After migration, my site isn't working and once I add access code and click on the login i get this error. i have tried setting permission but still getting this. The domain is https://ioustudents.com

i"ll highly appreciate if someone could help me fix it

• 87 posts
    January 11, 2020 3:03 AM EST
    Erik Nguyen said:

hi, I have recently manually migrated my socialengine site from siteground to hostiso. After migration, my site isn't working and once I add access code and click on the login i get this error. i have tried setting permission but still getting this. The domain is https://ioustudents.com

i"ll highly appreciate if someone could help me fix it

Erik, can you please mention the error that  you are facing in the code tag which is available next to the smiley option in your reply box. We can provide any assistance after seeing the error only.

If you want me to take a deeper look, you can message me the access code of your website as its in maintenance right now and I can check it.

• 6923 posts
    January 11, 2020 5:21 AM EST

Double check your .htaccess file to ensure there isn't something extra in there. The best way to do that is to download it and also download the SocialEngine files from your account at SocialEngine. Then, compare the two. If the old one has extra stuff in it, try renaming it to htaccessbu.txt and then upload the default SocialEngine .htaccess. See if that works.

If that doesn't work, double check the migration tutorial and make sure you did the steps it mentions. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5472314/se-php-moving-your-website-to-another-server

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 11, 2020 5:21 AM EST
    • 7 posts
    February 1, 2020 7:16 AM EST

The ERROR code is "HTTP ERROR 500" .. and access code is "atrading2615".. i have also checked by replacing .htaccess file as well.

• 7 posts
    February 1, 2020 7:28 AM EST

i'd like to let you know that the issue has been fixed.. it was due to wrong directory path in cache.php file

Thanks alot for both of you

• 6923 posts
    February 1, 2020 12:59 PM EST

Thank you for letting us know the solution

• July 12, 2022 11:15 AM EDT

Thanks for the tip. I was having a problem after a change made by my service provider. They were using a different prefix for my account and I was unable to use the same prefix for a new database that I was creating for test purposes; not a show stopper but a little bit annoying when displaing al databases on the server.

The change they made also affected the directory structure of the files.

I modified the cache.php and it resolved the issue.

'/home2/corporat/public_html/temporary/cache' was used which is absolute to the root.

Could another way be used more relative to where the site is installed like temporary/cache?

thanks,

Benoit  

• 6923 posts
    July 13, 2022 5:12 AM EDT

Hi Benoit, due to server setups and such, I am not sure if that would be possible but you can always submit a feature request and our developers can look into it.