Adobe Flash required to upload audio; Flash expiring 12/31/20

• 49 posts
    December 4, 2020 7:57 PM EST

Hello all,

I may have posted about this once before, but I was unable to find any previous discussion thread on this:

Adobe is ending support of its Flash Player on December 31, 2020. Right now, my site, www.radiosalescafe.com, requires Flash to be installed in order to upload .mp3 audio files. Is this a SEPHP issue? Can anyone tell me how to correct it, so that our site members can upload audio files without relying on Flash?

There are two different processes occurring with audio file uploads on the site:

On the site's main page, the user has the option of posting text, photo, audio, or video as a status message. When the user clicks on the "add commercial(s)" link (our customized language for adding music, since our users create radio commercials), there's a popup that informs the user that Adobe Flash is needed to upload the audio, but the user can still select and upload an audio file successfully.

On our main audio/music page (which we've titled Commercials), when the user clicks on the Upload Commercials command, the popup that states that the latest version of Adobe Flash must be installed appears, and even though the user can select an audio file to upload, and then click on "save file to playlist," the file doesn't actually upload - all the user is left with is a blank playlist.

In another issue, in both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, the buttons of the audio players are messed up - instead of having distinct play/pause, skip forward/skip back buttons, the buttons are simply unmarked squares (see attached screenshot).

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Rebecca

This post was edited by RebeccaH at December 4, 2020 8:20 PM EST
    • 6923 posts
    December 5, 2020 6:29 AM EST

We removed flash back in 4.9 or early 4.10. If you have flash on the site, you may have third party plugins or theme using flash still. You should contact those experts. There are other threads about flash with some tips as well. 

• 49 posts
    December 5, 2020 2:06 PM EST

Thank you very much, Donna! Will do!