AWS (Amazon Web services) Edit Website

• 8 posts
    December 13, 2020 12:03 PM EST

I had a company migrate my SE Website from a traditional hosting service to AWS...Now, I can not understand how to make a simple change in my site?

Are there AWS instructions or tutorials regarding SE that I can watch/read to understand how SE is hosted in AWS and how to make changes to my site?

Thank you!

• 6923 posts
    December 14, 2020 4:43 AM EST

AWS really is not needed unless you have the know how to manage it yourself, and the budget to support the huge bill. We are also moving our stuff from Amazon to BryZar soon so we can focus more on our product and less on servers.

The only document we have is our requirement list, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/81788966/se-php-socialengine-requirements .

You can achieve anything that Amazon offers on high availability servers if you need that much power. If you are a start up, you should start small and then as your site grows, go up in server resources until you get to the high availability option. If you have deep pockets, and on-staff developers that know Amazon, then it could be an option too. 

Most hosts migrate for free in case you decide to go to managed hosting as I mentioned.