Uploaded Video Improve View

• 13 posts
    May 19, 2021 12:20 PM EDT

Q: What are the steps to reproduce this issue?

A: Upload video from iOS device, recorded from iOS device

Q: What happens?

A: Video is skewed (stretched)

Q: What were you expecting to happen?

A: Fit to frame

Q: Any logs, error output, etc?

A: No errors

Q: What versions of software are you using? 

Operating System: WINDOWS

SocialEngine PHP Version: 5.4.0

Server Configuration: PHP version

Browser and version: Google Chrome, 90.0.4430.212

Desktop or mobile? OS and version: Desktop, Windows 10 Pro

• 6923 posts
    May 20, 2021 5:30 AM EDT

Do you have a screenshot?

• 6923 posts
    May 20, 2021 5:31 AM EDT

This doesn't describe the issue. Please describe it or please provide a screenshot.

• 13 posts
    May 20, 2021 4:32 PM EDT

Some videos upload without an issue, others do not. One that was recorded and uploaded via an iOS device was skewed. Third party plugin creator reported this was a SocialEngine issue. 

• 6923 posts
    May 21, 2021 4:50 AM EDT

I was hoping for an image of the site to show how the video is skewed.That only shows an image of the video itself. I'll see if I can test on my test site.

• 6923 posts
    May 21, 2021 5:11 AM EDT

I'll have someone else test as my tests showed the uploaded video from my computer is the same look as the uploaded video from my iphone. The only difference in look is if you have a video from youtube or other sharing site, and compare to the look of a video uploaded from the computer/mobile. That does look different. 

If that is what you mean, I can confirm this issue has always existed and can see if we can adjust. If that is not what you mean, please let me know.

• 13 posts
    May 21, 2021 8:01 AM EDT

The image posted was what it looked like on the site, we just resized it down to just the image without everything in the background for privacy reasons. I tried to upload it on the demo site, but it exceeded the file limit (20 mb). 

When uploaded to other social media (not SocialEngine), it looked normal, it was just our site that it was skewed. It is displaying on our site, if you want me to send you the link via private message. 

• 6923 posts
    May 21, 2021 10:02 AM EDT

I had posted a screenshot and asked please whether this is what you mean. Please check my screenshot and see if that is the issue you are reporting. Notice in the screenshot that the youtube video (the one at the bottom in the image) fills the feed but the first image which was the iPhone upload does not fill the feed. Is that what you mean? If not, please provide a screenshot that shows the area around your image even if you have to blur out user names/details. 

Thanks!

• 13 posts
    May 21, 2021 12:00 PM EDT

Hopefully this is a better representation. Sorry for all the confusion. 

• 13 posts
    May 21, 2021 12:01 PM EDT

Even when the video is played, it is skewed. It's not just the thumbnail. 

• 6923 posts
    May 21, 2021 1:34 PM EDT

Ok then you are confirming the same issue I showed in my screenshot. Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    May 21, 2021 1:35 PM EDT

Your image is a little smaller but I believe it's the same issue. We'll have a dev look at it.

• 13 posts
    May 21, 2021 1:37 PM EDT
    Thank you!
    • 6923 posts
    June 7, 2021 9:53 AM EDT

According to the developers, this is from FFMPEG formatting. We will have to research ways we can improve this in future releases.

• 13 posts
    June 7, 2021 3:19 PM EDT
    Thank you for researching this and searching for a fix. We are concerned there will be more complaints on our end, since this was a iPhone video with more running into the same problem.
    • 318 posts
    June 15, 2021 4:02 AM EDT

Hello.

We have this problem too.

We have been looking for a solution for a long time.

Members now like to upload videos (Tik Tok Effect) and that's a real problem.

Thank you in advance.