Plugin Redesign feature request

• 474 posts
    July 22, 2021 9:19 AM EDT

Hei Donna..

Read your message.

So here is my idea. I think ive asked about this before and Ric said it may be possible but id have to do it myself or get a 3rd party dev to convert plugin.

So my idea was:

Classifieds Plugin. this is a versatile plugin that lends itself to be altered.

i would like a simple plugin to advertise employment and  a second to advertise property sales / rental

Ric says it can be done just by altering some script ? but if i did it myself then it would not be upgraded like with other SE plugins.

Basically an Employment plugin and Property plugin would work the same as classifieds except for the plugin title and a couple other bits. also a couple of Key questions. thats all that needs to be changed. The other specific questions can be assigned to them via the normal [ add questions] in the admin panel.

I know that 3rd party devs already have such plugins, but i have used them in the past and found them to be over designed, bugy, hardly upgraded regularly, problematic and most features hardly used by members so in the end i stopped using them and wanted to try my idea but didnt succeed on my own and couldnt find someone who wanted to help without a massive $, so i gave up and put on my future mission list.

thanks Donna

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2021 10:07 AM EDT

A cool idea would be if we had an SDK for clients to use with plugins themselves. So, for example, client wants an Employment plugin based on Classified. The SDK could allow the client to choose Classifieds to clone and input their specific details for menus, etc. Needs more fleshing out but a very cool idea.

• 629 posts
    July 23, 2021 3:02 PM EDT

Better yet would be templates, where you pick a plugin design and then go from there. Adding features from all supported plugins as you go along. Then you could interlink instances together and create this also.