Setting to display widgets by member level

• 318 posts
    September 21, 2021 11:05 AM EDT

The only way to make money is to monetize a site.

We have very average results with SE since our migration from another CMS because it is impossible to create frustration and give rights to the blocks.

Depending on the member's level, he or she is allowed to see or not a block. (Photos, videos etc ...)

Our old CMS (now defunct) allowed these rights to be granted and the financial results were much better.

It is really necessary for everyone..

Thanks in advance

• 6923 posts
    September 29, 2021 7:17 AM EDT

This is something I had mapped into various plugin updates. We just need to check the weight of such changes though as every setting does add weight to the script. We need to be aware of that when making changes as we wouldn't want clients to need a big server for small sites. Once we get done with v6, we can look at this as part of improvements if feasible. 

• 318 posts
    September 29, 2021 9:06 AM EDT

Thank you.

And that's really important to most social media script buyers.

This is the only solution to make the site attractive and monetize it.

Thank you again for your good services.

• 6923 posts
    December 29, 2022 5:58 AM EST

Can someone please put more details in how this should work? It isn't formatted per our guidelines and as such, we don't have all the info we need. Thank you. Noting that we do have a feature mapped out in our plugin improvements that is similar to this but without details from all of you, we can't be sure it's exactly what you are looking for.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at December 29, 2022 5:59 AM EST
    • 57 posts
    December 29, 2022 8:04 AM EST

"We have very average results with SE since our migration from another CMS because it is impossible to create frustration and give rights to the blocks."

Firstly. what do you mean by block, you mean a plugin or section like photos, or videos or event? Right?

This above shows how you make for example photos unaccessible for a member level. What you do is the following

1. Create a new member level.

2. Call new member level for VIP for example. Only users with this member level and not default member level can access photos as shown in Screenshot above if you make those settings in backend.

Was this not what you was looking for?  Please correct me if I am wrong.

These member level settings exists in most plugins of the website.

3. If you want to set specific albums, videos or groups to specific members

You have this one

What you can do it to create a new admin user and and a new network.

Call it VIP network.

Here are a few options

1. Admin member can now create a new network to whichhe manually invites new users to from the special membership level

2. Admin can make friends with users from the special membership level (easiest maybe)

3. Now when you publish a video or album, that admin account set privacy to "friends and networks".

In this way almost everything can be shared just with this special membership level.

Add photo, video blog whatever, and just set privacy to networks and friends.

I hope this helps! If i missunderstood you or you looking for something else, please develop.

• 6923 posts
    December 29, 2022 8:31 AM EST

I may have misunderstood the request as well then. I thought it was for the various widgets in each plugin such as featured photos, recent photos, etc. We need more clarity for sure then if it is for the actual plugin itself as that does already have membership levels for who can create, view, etc like you show.

• 318 posts
    December 29, 2022 10:20 AM EST

Hello,
    In fact, it's much simpler than that.
    Some CMS have this feature.
    You have to go to the Layout Editor and edit the block to give it the rights.
    The block is displayed if and only if LEVEL 1 is chosen.
    It's really very simple for the administrator.
    Do you want screenshots?

• 57 posts
    December 29, 2022 1:33 PM EST

Hi Lovea

I Think i start to understand what you are aiming for, still, if you could provide a few SC that would be highly appreciated.

Br

Tobias

• 318 posts
    December 29, 2022 2:07 PM EST

This is a very important feature to create frustration and lead to payment.
    We had it on another CMS and we made a lot of money using it.
    Currently, it is very difficult to prevent blocks from displaying on a page.
    Currently the right system applies to a page and leaves no other choice.
    And worse, it returns exclusively on a page which states, "you do not have access to this page".
    In fact, by changing CMS, SE is much better for other reasons, we have halved subscriptions.
    As soon as I get back, I will give more infos.
    Thank you and Happy Holidays to all.