Forums » News, Info and Announcements

Ahead WebSoft Technologies Acquires SocialEngine

• 6056 posts
    January 6, 2022 7:22 AM EST

Hello!

Ahead WebSoft Technologies is thrilled to announce our acquisition of SocialEngine! Many of you know us as SocialNetworking.Solutions, third party developers for SocialEngine for several years. We have also been working with SocialEngine to improve the script, fix bugs and bring new features over the past two years. 

We want to first assure everyone that the SocialEngine commitment to outstanding software, company transparency, great customer service and support, and a strong developer community are our priorities. 

Our staff will include someone who is known to many SocialEngine clients and experts. Donna is staying on as Chief Evangelist! She will continue to be involved in the community, support and with the SocialEngine PHP software development team.

SEPHP Vision

We have many plans for the future of SocialEngine PHP. Speed enhancements, code updates and template improvements are all in our immediate plans. Further on down the line, we will update plugin features, bring new features and further strengthen our core. Our goal is to produce software that is optimized, streamlined, visually stunning, mobile friendly and feature packed. 

As we progress, we anticipate providing more third party developer tutorials and coding standards. We feel this will be in the best interest of clients and developers and will ensure the success of everyone.

Our Thanks

We would like to thank Jason, James, Kyle and Donna for their dedication to the SocialEngine platform and community. Owning SocialEngine is something we never thought possible and we are humbled by the trust that they have put in us. This is a dream come true! We are excited to have this opportunity to bring our vision to the SocialEngine platform! 

With Appreciation,

The SocialEngine Team

This post was edited by Donna at January 6, 2022 8:17 AM EST
    • 1 posts
    January 7, 2022 8:40 AM EST

This is great news for everyone in the community!
    I am sure this merger will give new strength to the projects.

Moreover, it was a deliberate and balanced decision based on two years of joint work.

I know that there were many offers and requests. But the founders chose the best.

• 1 posts
    January 7, 2022 8:58 AM EST
    Great news! Kudos to the Aheadsoft team! Many congratulations!
    • 5 posts
    January 7, 2022 9:09 AM EST

Wow, that's fantastic news, and what a great way to start 2022!

Especially for me, since I have been working with them since they started with SE, I know them well, and they have my trust; I also have a lot of their plugins installed on my site.
    So, congratulations to you, from the bottom of my heart, for this outstanding achievement; you guys deserve it.
    I know they will take SE to the next level, with all their great ideas, designs, passion, and excellent plugins that they develop.
    You deserve this, and thank you for all your great support and work ethic!
    I am a testament to your work and dedication to making this great platform run smoothly.
    Kuddos and may 2022 brings us more excellent news!

• 84 posts
    January 7, 2022 9:28 AM EST
    Ahhh what a great news! Somebody involved in the software since many years now onw it! I am very very glad to read this!

A Big kudos to the Ahead team!
    Glad to have been a customer of both!
    • 68 posts
    January 7, 2022 10:40 AM EST

I woke up this morning with a message on WhatsApp from SNS.  Okay, wow.......but my first thought was about Donna!  Whew!  Glad to know you will be here Donna!  That's all that matters!!  Well, on a serious note, Ahead WebSoft Technologies is pretty amazing and I'm glad they have the SE "conn" now.  Congrats!!  ~T.

• 247 posts
    January 7, 2022 11:26 AM EST

Hello.

Congratulations to SES for the acquisition of SE.

Anything that can advance our social networks is good.

However, we have worked with SEA for years and are very loyal to our suppliers.

SEA has provided exceptional work with our teams.

We hope to be sure that SES will not hinder the development of SEA in order to sell more of its modules.

It's just a legitimate concern and we hope SES will provide some information on it.

It's a very good thing that Donna is staying on the team.

Without it everything would be more complicated ...

With our congratulations.

• 6056 posts
    January 7, 2022 12:52 PM EST

Thank you both for your kind words about me. :)

As for third party devs such as SocialApps.Tech and all of the others, there will be no changes. That was something that was discussed before the acquisition. SNS is aware of how important a strong developer community is and is committed to keeping it strong and making it stronger. We had thought that we explained that in the second paragraph in the first post above, but perhaps it wasn't clear enough. Sorry about that.

• 247 posts
    January 7, 2022 1:05 PM EST

Indeed, we read it correctly. However, we end up with a dominant position for SES.

It is legitimate to ask questions about the future.

On the other hand, everyone knows that the CORE of SES is not compatible with that of SEA. (Photo Lightbox etc ...)

We are very skeptical because SES could naturally promote its products. It is quite logical to think so.

Either way, we will stay the course with our current suppliers until compatibility is complete.

The financial stakes are too high and there is no question of migrating our content.

We have spent thousands of dollars and there is no question of changing the structure of our sites.

Thank you Donna and forgive our concerns, but I think they are normal.

• 6056 posts
    January 7, 2022 4:06 PM EST
    Lovea said:

Indeed, we read it correctly. However, we end up with a dominant position for SES.

It is legitimate to ask questions about the future.

On the other hand, everyone knows that the CORE of SES is not compatible with that of SEA. (Photo Lightbox etc ...)

We are very skeptical because SES could naturally promote its products. It is quite logical to think so.

Either way, we will stay the course with our current suppliers until compatibility is complete.

The financial stakes are too high and there is no question of migrating our content.

We have spent thousands of dollars and there is no question of changing the structure of our sites.

Thank you Donna and forgive our concerns, but I think they are normal.

It's not a problem to voice your concerns and it is normal to do. I've been in this position before. Back in phpFox when YouNet bought it. They kept it secret though as they thought people would be upset. Then, they had to actually announce that yes, they owned it. They still have a developer community.

For here, SNS knows how important the third party experts are to SocialEngine clients and how detrimental it would be to remove any or cause issues for any. I hope that helps to ease your concerns. :) 

The only way to succeed is to have the SocialEngine core be the core. I trust that they will do as YouNet did, keep SNS as a separate division of Ahead WebSoft. This is what I was told is the plan. I will get with the team Monday and see if they have time to come on and post. 

• 247 posts
    January 7, 2022 4:19 PM EST

Thank you for your kindness Donna ...

We love you and thank you very much for your reassuring message.

I must admit that our team was a little worried tonight.

We love SEA because they have always been there to help us and move our projects forward.

We owe them a great deal.

If they were impacted by this acquisition, we would be very disappointed because it is a competent company.

Tomorrow is another day ...

Love

• 49 posts
    January 8, 2022 6:22 AM EST

On behalf of Ahead WebSoft Technologies and SNS team, firstly I would like to convey my thanks to all of you.

We have always worked hard and dedicatedly to improve SE and help our clients grow their community with new releases and fixes.

As mentioned by Donna here and in the blog post, our goal is to produce software that is optimized, streamlined, visually stunning, mobile friendly and feature packed.

As we progress, we anticipate providing more third party developer tutorials and coding standards. We feel this will be in the best interest of clients and developers and will ensure the success of everyone.

There will be no change in the working of 3rd party developers. As right now, SocialEngine core will be the core and all 3rd parties will have to keep their plugins compatible with upcoming versions of SocialEngine in order to provide seamless working of the same.

At SE, we are committed to provide new features, improved code and fixes.

• 288 posts
    January 13, 2022 6:12 AM EST
    Guess I’m the only one not wholly excited about this.

I hope to be convinced otherwise in the future though.
    • 84 posts
    January 14, 2022 12:44 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:
    Guess I’m the only one not wholly excited about this. I hope to be convinced otherwise in the future though.

I can say I have them working with me on my social close to be 1 year, and they have helped me anytime also if was not their duty or I as too stupid to not notice by myself some simply errors I made.

They are a good choice since they are working on social engine and on add-ons and graphic since many years, and they will for sure improve SE and help third parts creators to do better and offer more solutions for us, the customers!