SocialEngine Community Upgraded to v6!

• 6923 posts
    April 14, 2022 9:40 AM EDT

We've upgraded this community to v6.0.0. No major issues seen thus far. We are using the default Elpis theme with one change in the groups section to make the browse profile photos a bit bigger. We used a clone theme to do that. 

We do see a minor CSS issue that we've bugged for the forum category descriptions not wrapping. We'll get that fixed in a release. 

• 21 posts
    April 14, 2022 12:54 PM EDT

The Community site is looking good!  A much more contemporary look & feel.  Nice.

Thank you for all the effort to make SE the best it can be!

• 6923 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:00 PM EDT

Thank you for your kind words! Glad you like the Elpis theme.  I do like the clean look as well.

• 131 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:12 PM EDT

Looks so nice; soothing color, clean, stream-lined!  Love it!!  Can't wait to make the switch ~T.

• 6923 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:21 PM EDT

Thank you!!

• 15 posts
    December 12, 2022 6:05 AM EST

Hi, I'm looking for information on the new release.

Could someone show me a page or a post where to find the main differences between version 5 Advanced and V6 Advanced of the new Social engine?

Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    December 12, 2022 6:39 AM EST

There are far too many to list as we made a lot of improvements such as a custom zend upgrade, added bootstrap for themes, improved the database (this is ongoing), improved speed, added a lot of features, updated requirements, removed mootools and added jQuery, etc. Your best option is to check each release post:

https://community.socialengine.com/forums/2/socialengine-product-releases

• 15 posts
    December 12, 2022 6:43 AM EST

Thank you so much Donna.