Remind me how to change ...

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:31 AM EDT

Hi all

Remind me how to change my existing banner at top of page? Thx Gary

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:33 AM EDT

Now that we've moved most of the tutorials to our community, it'll be easier for you to find tutorials. They are in the Learning Center menu above and are using the default SEPHP blog so the search works better than where they were before. 

https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/67/banner-manager that tutorial show how to change your banners. 

Hope that helps!

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:38 AM EDT

Hmmm. Looking again, is that a banner or cover photo? If it is a cover photo, you would move the mouse to the upper right of the banner and you should see a camera icon. That'll let you upload another cover photo.

If you have set default cover photos then here's how to change those:

https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/14/member-levels that would be for the user profiles and is set per member level. You would do each plugin as well, as those also have default cover photos for the plugins that user cover photos. https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/53/groups

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:48 AM EDT

Hi Donna

Does not appear to be a cover photo I do not see the Camera Icon. I'll explore other method.

Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:50 AM EDT

Under Default User profile it does not even show current banner?

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:56 AM EDT

Ok it must be a normal banner. The link I posted in my first comment should work for that.

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 9:02 AM EDT

Hi Donna

I previewed all of the banners I have and the homepage graphic is not one of them?

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2022 9:55 AM EDT

The screenshot you show is from inside the site, logged in. Can you please let me know what page you are looking at? It looks like the member dashboard so it should be one of those banners you have. Did you check all of the pages of banners if you had a lot of banners?

If that is not the standard banner widget, you may have edited the CSS or someone else who you had customize the site as it looks to be the header above your menus. If so, you would need to edit the CSS again to change it. If you want to PM me a link to your site, I can look. If it requires log in, please provide me a test user. I don't need admin access. I just need to see what you have. Please note that it might be tomorrow before I can get back on.

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 10:17 AM EDT

Hi Donna

I checked all banners this is not one of them. No one else has ADMIN so CSS didn't change. I did minor CSS change for width of the mini-search bar beneath banner and minor style edits (no changes to Social Engine CSS) for my tables.

Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 10:21 AM EDT

The header above appears for me as Admin, regular user, and visitor

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 10:58 AM EDT

I searched theme.css and find no instance of the banner name in it

• 233 posts
    May 2, 2022 11:01 AM EDT

I can also see the Camera Icon on my profile page to change banner.

• 6923 posts
    May 3, 2022 6:05 AM EDT

In looking at your site, it looks like an HTML widget. Can you please go in the layout editor and check for an HTML widget wither in the Header section or in the Landing page? Since it seems to be on every page of the site, I believe you'll find it in the Header section in the Layout Editor. 

• 233 posts
    May 3, 2022 9:58 AM EDT

Hi Donna

YOUR AWESOME! Thanks it was under Site Heading section like you mentioned above (I'll have to remember going forward ;-) ). Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    May 3, 2022 10:58 AM EDT

Hi Donna

To set color of search box border and text that in the CSS file? I want to make both hat dark gray to left. Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    May 3, 2022 12:28 PM EDT

Glad it worked.From our demo, I had answered this post which is about the search box, https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3105/serenity-theme . That should point you in the right direction.

Nice header btw, very creative. My house is an orchestra of bird sounds most of the day as I spend quite a lot on bird food. I also make my own hummingbird food (recipe from National Audubon) but for some reason there are very few of them this year. 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at May 3, 2022 12:28 PM EDT
    • 233 posts
    May 3, 2022 12:33 PM EDT

Nice to know another birder! Thx for link, too.