Verification email still needed even I turn it off

• 47 posts
    June 29, 2023 12:16 AM EDT

Hi, 

We have a problem with sending emails (verification emails and announcement emails are not sent at all). but during our try to solve this problem, I turned off the "send verification email" (from admin: settings: signup process: create account:  I set "Verify email address? to "No do not email new members"). 

but when I try to signup a new member, I still get the message "A verification code has been sent to your account".  Please tell me what am I missing here? Should I do anything else to turn off the verification code?

(I have SE 6.4.1)

• 6923 posts
    June 30, 2023 4:54 AM EDT

You are speaking of an entirely different setting. Verification email is not the same as the Two Step Authentication. https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/27/signup-process .

Verification email just sends an email when they register asking them to verify the email. Two Step sends them a code they have to use to finish registration. 

• 47 posts
    June 30, 2023 3:48 PM EDT

Thanks Donna for the clarification. Now I came to a problem that there is no "Two-Step Authentication" in the sign up process page. Please see the attached image and as you see we have two "Create Profile" steps, but no "Two-step Authentication" step. 

How can I fix this issue and access the "two-step authentication" settings?

• 6923 posts
    July 3, 2023 7:37 AM EDT

Do you have third party plugins? I've only seen that issue when there are third party plugins. If so, can you please get with the expert you purchased the plugins from? they can fix that.

• 47 posts
    July 3, 2023 2:58 PM EDT

Thanks Donna, Yes, we have purchased multiple plugins from socialnetworking.solutions.  I just sent a ticket to them.