Video Embed Stopped Working

• 303 posts
    August 15, 2023 4:25 PM EDT

I just noticed that on the site that was a fresh install the video embed stopped working. I upgraded it today to 6.4.4 but it's still not showing the videos. 

• 6923 posts
    August 16, 2023 7:13 AM EDT

Are you not able to do YouTube videos or is it something else? Did you test the same at our demo.socialengine.com ?

• 303 posts
    September 4, 2023 7:10 AM EDT

Testing the demo is like testing a boat motor in a swimming pool. You don't know what works in open water or in the case of social engines when people are signing up, and posting multiple times and combinations. I have to look into this more. Social Engine is my highest maintenance site. It has some good features, but it's painful to manage. Like I said before it's like it's made to require people to help.

• 6923 posts
    September 4, 2023 8:02 AM EDT

I use SE for my own site and we use it for this site so it is upgradable and usable. I've a friend who has me do their maintenance and I've upgraded all 5 of her sites without issue. All videos work fine and those sites are all social sites with real people. They host at BryZar though and I don't know the hosting configurations other than it goes by the requirements with MySQL instead of MariaDB. 

• 6923 posts
    September 4, 2023 8:10 AM EDT

Is it just YouTube or something else? Are you using the YouTube API key if using YouTube videos? Note that YouTube has a limit to their video API so if you reached that limit, the issue is on that end of things.