email for new notifications

• September 6, 2023 5:23 PM EDT

Hi,

when someone send a message on the site, there is an email sent to the member so that he is made aware without having to connect to the site. 

This is configured in /members/settings/emails

Is there a way to get an automatic email sent when there is an activity notification (update) in the mini menu or /activity/notifications?

Everything is checked on /members/settings/notifications, but maybe more categories shoud be added? How?

Thanks,

Benoit

• 6923 posts
    September 12, 2023 5:50 AM EDT

Hi Benoit, 

I am not clear on what you want. Can you provide screenshots? Thank you!

• September 21, 2023 11:57 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

When connected to our site, users will get an indication in the mini menu that they have Notifications and/or new messages. User can set the type of notifications they will be getting.

In the case of messages sent from the site, they can also see it directly on the site and set which ones they want to receive email alerts.

The will then receive an alert email with a link to the message on the site

Is there a way to receive email alerts for notifications? That could be sent immediatly as per Notification settings or in a single email alert with several notifications (daily or once every x hours)

I have been trying to find a plugin from a third party such as "site notifications in popups" but without much luck.

Any hint on how to achieve this,

Thanks,

Benoit

• 6923 posts
    September 22, 2023 6:02 AM EDT

I get emailed notifications from my own site and from a client's sites who I am on for Likes, Comments, Tags, etc. All of the things in the email alerts are what go out. It sounds like you are saying that you are not getting emailed notifications for the items in the email notification list. Did you check the settings in admin https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/user/settings/emails to ensure you have it set to send those notifications? If it is set, you may want to check error logs to see if it is sending, or perhaps they are blocked on the user end.