Deleted Members Still Charged

• 75 posts
    November 16, 2017 3:04 PM EST
    My test user was charged for a subscription after deleting the user via admin. If a test user deletes themself will it delete their preapproved payment, too? If a test user changes plans will their preapproved payment get updated, too?
    • 6923 posts
    November 16, 2017 4:20 PM EST

The test user needs to cancel the subscription at Paypal. I know that in other scripts and sites, if I subscribe to something and unsubscribe I also have to do it at Paypal in my account. 

• 6923 posts
    November 16, 2017 4:20 PM EST

Did you go in admin to the manage subscriptions and cancel it as well? Since subscriptions do stay in there even if a user is deleted. Always do that as well.

• 75 posts
    November 16, 2017 4:23 PM EST
    No i didn't. I will from now on.
    • 75 posts
    November 17, 2017 9:38 AM EST

Would it be possible--in a future version--for subscriptions to follow the user's plan.

1. If a member deletes his or herself/is deleted by admin the subscription is disabled or deleted, too.

2. If a member changes plans (from paid to free) his or her paid subscription is disabled or deleted, too.

3. If a member changes paid plans his or her initial paid plan is disabled or deleted and a new paid subscription is created.

• 6923 posts
    November 17, 2017 1:46 PM EST

You can add a feature request for that  but I had already asked for the first one. I was told that it would then delete the past records and that's not good for admin record keeping of payments. I have free subscriptions and a lot of deleted members with subscriptions still there. I don't like it either. 

As for the recurring subscriptions - they still need to manually remove it from their paypal account subscription area as no script can log in as that paypal user to disable it. The script can be made to not bill someone. It depends on how this is set up. If it's recurring, then it's in the user's paypal account under that section of subscriptions. If it's just a cron that checks for subscriptions that need to be billed, and then the script bills on that date - then it could also not bill on that date for cancelled ones. 

If a member changes plans, it should already change their subscription plan. Is it not changing them to the other plan?

However, perhaps things can be improved some via a well thought out feature request.