Business listings order

• 7 posts
    October 2, 2023 8:32 AM EDT

Hi, I thought it could be useful if you could order the business listed in the order you want by drag and drop. This could be use as an advertising tool, positioning the business you like to be viewed first.

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2023 8:42 AM EDT

Would you please flesh this out when you have time? We have stickied guidelines for submitting feature requests. It helps us if feature requests are in the proper format so that we have a clear vision of what the client is requesting.

• 7 posts
    October 3, 2023 2:39 PM EDT

My apologies!!!. 

Title: Option to order Business listings by your own criteria

Description: Business listing is great and has several options to order it, that’s great but sometimes you need to order by other criteria.

This request is to have the option to order the business as you want by drag and drop, as you can do it with the Business category.

This would benefit a great deal of clients as they could sell this space as advertising space, positioning the ads first as Google do. 

Thanks for considering my request!

• 6923 posts
    October 4, 2023 7:09 AM EDT

Thanks for trying to do the request. It is missing details. 

1. Is this meant for admin/super admin only? So this only shows in the admin panel business listings page?

2. I am not clear on the logic. We allow sorting in the site by various criteria. What happens to these drag and drop businesses when a client chooses to sort by alphabetical, date, etc? That would then move these around based on the sort criteria.

3. In the community, we can "sticky" threads. Are you trying to stick these businesses to the top and then they would NOT be sorted if someone chooses to sort the listings by date, alphabetical, etc?

4. If these are stuck at the top, how do you expect this to look? Do you have a screenshot? For example, are they separated by a divider line? Are they in a block? 

5. Would this be better if we could have a Sponsored/Featured setting to allow admin to select featured or sponsored businesses that then showed in a Featured or Sponsored widget?

6. If 5 is good, then sponsored would be paid/free which would be require some settings. 

That's how to flesh out a feature request.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at October 4, 2023 7:10 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 4, 2023 7:14 AM EDT

Once we know how you envision it, we can consider it. It seems a good idea but we need to see which way would work best too.