Elpis Theme

• 103 posts
    April 27, 2022 5:44 PM EDT

Hello! It's been a while! I want to know how I can keep the Serenity theme instead of the Elpis. I like the Serenity better because is not so WHITE in the header and the blue in Elpis is not the blue I like.

The problem is when I upgrade the Serenity just gets out of shape and the Elpis takes over.

Any solutions? Please?

• 6923 posts
    April 28, 2022 5:46 AM EDT

You can change the colors easily in Elpis if you want to. It's the same functionality as Serenity. As for keeping Serenity, since v6 is using Bootstrap for themes, which is much better, Serenity doesn't work in it yet. We might make it compatible but that involves changing it to be a Bootstrap theme.

• 103 posts
    April 28, 2022 8:02 AM EDT

Thank you Donna!

• 103 posts
    May 2, 2022 5:52 PM EDT

Hi Donna!  I did as you suggested and after a while playing with the colors I got what I want.  Just that I can't get the Search input font color to white because I can't find where to go and do it. The same goes for the Logo Text. Any input? It is the mini-menu search and logo text.

Thanks again for the help!

• 6923 posts
    May 3, 2022 6:15 AM EDT

Try using inspect element to find what you need for the CSS and change it. You'll want to have made a clone of the default and not edited the default as that'll make upgrades not fully upgrade your site if you edited the default. It should be this:

• 103 posts
    May 3, 2022 9:04 AM EDT

Thank you Donna! Fixed!

• 6923 posts
    May 3, 2022 9:23 AM EDT

You're welcome

• 103 posts
    May 10, 2022 7:59 AM EDT

Good Morning Donna! I'm trying to access the new requirements for SE 6.0.0 and I don't have permission to access. Just want to know the PHP version.

• 6923 posts
    May 10, 2022 9:02 AM EDT

The learning center has moved to this community in the Learning Center link above. Please click that link and at the top you will see popular articles. One of them is the v6 requirements. From now on, please use the learning center linked above. The articles have not been fixed in the admin panel to point to the new learning center but we will work on that as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 103 posts
    May 10, 2022 7:10 PM EDT

Thank you Donna, but here is the response from the learning Center link:

Private Page

You do not have permission to view this private page.

Go Back

• 6923 posts
    May 12, 2022 6:55 AM EDT

I moved you to the client member level. Please try again.

• 103 posts
    May 14, 2022 11:56 AM EDT

Thank you Donna! Now I know I had to fix my settings! So one question about the Bryzar. It offers SSD for the VPS plans. Are you having NVMe in the future? As SSD option?

• 103 posts
    May 14, 2022 1:12 PM EDT

Also I sse you did away with the SSH2 and the Mcrypt, correct?

• 31 posts
    May 15, 2022 1:02 PM EDT
    iKori said:

Thank you Donna! Now I know I had to fix my settings! So one question about the Bryzar. It offers SSD for the VPS plans. Are you having NVMe in the future? As SSD option?

Hello,

We are already using NVMe SSD. Some of our locations are already using AMD EPYC and Ryzen.

• 103 posts
    May 15, 2022 3:43 PM EDT

Great thanks for the info!!!!

• 318 posts
    September 23, 2023 10:33 AM EDT

Hello.

I come back to this subject. Where to find the Elpis color CSS to adjust the colors?

We can't find it in the backoffice. We would like to do this manually.

Thank you in advance.

• 6923 posts
    September 23, 2023 10:47 AM EDT

It's best to work per the tutorial, https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/72/elpis-theme . Always, if deciding to work on the theme files in admin, make a clone first. If you make ANY edits to the default files, your upgrades will not upgrade the theme and the site will not properly upgrade.

Make a style per the Elpis tutorial and work in the Elpis settings FIRST for things that can change there. If you find things that can't change there, make a clone as mentioned and use the admin theme editor to add custom code to the theme.css or constants.css on the clone ONLY.