Upgrading from 6.2.2 - 6.3.0

• 121 posts
    January 10, 2023 11:42 AM EST

Hi,

Still not updating properly! I will pay for support and put a ticket in as I am completely at a loss here and need some proper help, so bare with me ok.

Mark

• 6923 posts
    January 10, 2023 12:06 PM EST

Unfortunately, our support doesn't cover server issues and upgrades cost $150. But if your server isn't configured correctly, there isn't much we can do. We will be posting soon about another issue that is only on TMD in regards to theme issues. I will post that info tomorrow.

All we could do in support is check your server info in the admin panel and check your error logs. We can't fix your server configuration though.

• 121 posts
    January 10, 2023 12:36 PM EST

I understand this, however, TMD assure me everything is ok, I'm not asking for you to upgrade just check things for me that either I or TMD may have missed, and I would really appreciate the update about TMD asap!

Thank you,

Mark

• 6923 posts
    January 10, 2023 12:38 PM EST

ok one thing to do is check your files. Download a backup of your current files and use beyond compare to compare them to the files from the zip of the core. That might give a clue. If you still want to purchase support and have us check the things that are covered, feel free to do so. I cannot promise it will help but I'll do my very best to check things during work hours. This is well past work hours now just so you know.I'll go post that thread now as well since I'm on.

• 6923 posts
    January 10, 2023 12:47 PM EST

I don't know if this will help but perhaps it will point them to whatever is causing your upgrade issue. This post is about issues we are finding on other client sites only on TMD hosting. https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3213/issues-with-themes-and-tmd-hosting/ . Once the files are fixed (the code added back), the sites work fine. It's just such an odd thing and we are not experiencing it on any other hosts.

• 121 posts
    January 11, 2023 1:31 PM EST

Hi,

I have just submitted a support ticket, hope you can help?

Kind regards,

Mark

• 6923 posts
    January 12, 2023 6:20 AM EST

Thanks Mark, our team is checking. 

• 6923 posts
    January 12, 2023 9:12 AM EST

We have discovered the issue that is causing upgrading issues and theme issues on TMD hosting. They are using imunify360 and it is treating .tar files as malicious which they are definitely not malicious. As such, it is removing some of our code which is causing the sites not to function properly. Our own recommended host, BryZar, also uses imunify360 but has configured it to work properly with our software. For those on TMD with issues, please have them figure out the proper configuration for our software on their servers. We are sure they'll be able to address this issue once they are made aware of it.

• 121 posts
    January 12, 2023 10:57 PM EST

Hi,

All sorted now, plugins as well, thank you for your time and support!

Kind regards,

Mark

• 6923 posts
    January 13, 2023 4:57 AM EST

You're welcome! Glad we could be of help.