SocialEngine Requirements

• 57 posts
    August 10, 2023 10:20 AM EDT

Hi good afternoon
    I upgraded from php5.9 to 6.4 and there are problems. My quick question is, are there any important components to install on a server? Zend, Java and what can you say about the configuration.
    The earlier versions were easy to install but now with 6.4 I'm having massive problems...

The standard things are installed but can you think of anything else like Zend, java or something else... with every program that I install there is a technical error...
    thank you once again for your effort

• 6923 posts
    August 11, 2023 5:18 AM EDT

If you have third party products, more than likely that's the issue. Check with the third party experts. I've upgraded many sites with no issues. But, none of them had third party products. 

Also, ensure that those are followed exactly, the requirements. Many times people skip things. PHP 8.0 is the ONLY supported version. open_basedir must be disabled, etc. Triple check that list. Our recommended host, BryZar is configured properly for our script. Other hosts can have issues following the guidelines so you need to check everything. Such as FCGI is not supported. Everything is using that these days by default. 

• 6923 posts
    August 14, 2023 10:03 AM EDT

Are you all set now? Did the above help any?

• 57 posts
    August 21, 2023 5:41 PM EDT

Hello Donna.. I have a dedicated server. The only limitation would therefore be the Ubuntu operating system.
    I commissioned a freelancer to install the system according to the specifications. The system is running but there are always problems with some plugins. I switched everything to SNS products. But the whole thing is not stable or error-free. But I also noticed that the program runs differently in German or that the display is different.
    The developers of third-party plugins are also lagging behind. Mubasha does not respond and his programs are not compatible with my mobile app. recently from the 6.4 upgrade the chat IM doesn't work anymore.. I'm trying to run a social engine at 100% but it only manages 90%. It is very tedious and time-consuming to point out errors to the provider when a question is answered by a counter-question, not least because of the time difference.
    Thank you for your reply and inquiry!

• 6923 posts
    August 22, 2023 5:31 AM EDT

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues. When you check our demo at https://demo.socialengine.com , does the chat work? If you meant the SocialEngine official plugin. If not, there's no need to test at the demo. For SNS plugins, I've sent them a message to check this thread so they can help in your tickets. I suggest also double checking the server setup as many skip over the things that are not supported. It can still be part of your problem.

There are a few bugs in our bug tracker for odd issues in other languages. We have fixes coming for various issues in our next release. Such as, blog archive not displaying correctly, various hard coded phrases, etc. You may want to check our bug section to see if any of the language issues there are things you are having trouble with.

I hope it all works out for you.

• August 22, 2023 8:11 AM EDT

Hello knarf,

We have replied to you in the email, ticket and have also connected you over call.

We assure you to resolve all the issues that you are facing.

Regards

Team SNS

call/whatsapp: +91-9950682999

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 4:40 AM EDT

Good morning.. Donna

I found the error, the language file is defective. I opened the file with an editor, which I never actually do since I edit my phrases through Socialengine.
    The phrases are broken.

Editing a phrase is like defusing a bomb, putting in a wrong letter and Engine blowing up in my face. 

If I translate a simple phrase like ,,, 1 playlist found in (1 Wiedergabe gefunden) then nothing works.
    this has the effect that even the app on my cell phone no longer works.

I speak against a wall when I present my problem.

I would like to buy a lot more product, but every time I think I'll leave it, I get more and more problems.
    I am entitled to a working language file.

In English, the system is great, but I live in Germany in Europe, so I need my language there.

If I'm looking for an error then I need to trace the user's path, in my case it's displaying the error in German and not changing anything in the PHP.

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 5:32 AM EDT

We used to have a problem with German language due to umlautes. Can you post here the words you are translating with the translation so I can test it?

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at September 1, 2023 5:36 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 5:37 AM EDT

Have you tried MySQL on your dev site? I see some issues in google search for various scripts with umlautes not saving properly in MariaDB. Please also post which words you are translating and the German translation and I'll test but with MySQL.

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 5:50 AM EDT

Hello Donna..
    It's not the umlauts, it's the formatting of the sentences.
    Sentences with the umlauts ÄÖ etc. do not cause the problems.
    It's normal stuff like (Found > gefunden) or Music > Musik

The language file is so broken that even the phrase 1 playlist found (1 Wiedergabe gefunden)  crashes the site.

I have been editing the cvs file since Tuesday and unfortunately deleted the completely broken file.. but if I continue and the error or errors come again, I will send you the file for installation

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 5:53 AM EDT

Ok that's odd as we have Russian and Spanish clients without this issue. They have been submitting hard coded phrase issues and their packs are working fine other than the hard coded phrases. Happy to test but it sounds like something in your site is saving them wrong.

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 5:54 AM EDT

You are sure the default English language files have not been edited? That will break the site.

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 5:56 AM EDT

Can you ask SNS to check? They might be able to track down what is causing this. Hunch is that it's a server configuration.

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 6:40 AM EDT

This has nothing to do with the server.
    The file is corrupt...

%s music album found.

I just translated and the page is broken

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 6:48 AM EDT
    [url=/profile/donnab]Donna[/url] said:

You are sure the default English language files have not been edited? That will break the site.

I call up the language manager and only edit my German de file.. I don't change anything in the English.
    I reinstalled the program and translated 8,400 phrases in the German file only.
    • 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 6:53 AM EDT

Mein Deutsch =      %s Musikalbum gefunden

Seite defekt

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 7:03 AM EDT

I just opened the de.csv file in the editor and found this. See the screenshot.
    I changed that in the language manager, not in the editor.
    The language file English is incorrectly programmed. SNS should check the EN and provide me with a new one.

Richtig wäre 

"%s playlist found.";"%s Wiedergabe gefunden"       this a correct

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 7:14 AM EDT

Ok we are't having these issues with other clients so that's why I was asking. I also don't find that phrase for playlist found so perhaps that goes with a plugin.

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 8:11 AM EDT

Look at the screenshot..
    100% Correct the phrase... and when I translate it in the language manager the page crashes. I'll put the video online

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 8:17 AM EDT

I understand but your phrases are not from core phrases. They appear to be from third party plugins. Are you able to translate a default core phrase without any issue? I think you need to get with SNS to have them check the issue.

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 8:30 AM EDT
    [url=/profile/donnab]Donna[/url] said:

I understand but your phrases are not from core phrases. They appear to be from third party plugins. Are you able to translate a default core phrase without any issue? I think you need to get with SNS to have them check the issue.

These are normal sentences that are translated. SNS is working on my site, fixing a bug in English and nothing works in German.
    • 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 8:43 AM EDT

Is the sentence not in the program?

music album found not in Socialengine

or

Music found

Professional Music Plugin This is original

• 6923 posts
    September 1, 2023 10:07 AM EDT

No, those are not from the default SocialEngine script. That is a third party plugin.

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 11:10 AM EDT

You're right.. they always give me problems..
    The standard plugins in the social engine run very well.
    SNS wrote me that Maria DB is not suitable for me. The question is why are they only now saying this problem. Maria database would cause problems here. Since Tuesday it's my turn on the program from Tuesday to today Friday, September 1st, 2023 and I've been working on it for 10 hours every day.

SNS was already on my server last week and couldn't solve this problem because they just hustle and don't take my problems seriously.. That's why I write publicly so that something happens.

I probably set up Socialengine 5 times this week and retranslated 8,400 Prahsen. Now I've done it again and changed the database to MYSQL..

The Prahsen where the problems were were now translated without problems, it seems to be working now...

• 57 posts
    September 1, 2023 11:20 AM EDT

I informed the support that if they fix something they should check it in German. They don't listen and destroy what they fix on the other side.